Vision Care Product News

FEB 2017

Product information for optical people.

Issue link: http://vcpn.epubxp.com/i/778140

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 35 of 75

VisionCareProducts.com VCPN When electrical engineer Johnny Talbot met business/textile/style guru Adrian Runoff, it was fash- ion magic. e duo created Tal- bot Runoff, a brand that balances playfulness with extreme feminin- ity and discreet design details. e ready-to-wear collection can be found in 36 stores in the U.S. and 59 stores globally. eir fashion is worn by celebrities such as Paula Patton, Kristen Bell, Lisa Edelstein and some of the Kar- dashian women. When it comes to eyewear, the logo-free Bren- del by Talbot Runhof collection from Tura, Inc., demonstrates re- strained curves and patterns that segue into a ladylike color scheme. For 2017, the carefully curated collection offers three ophthalmics and three sun models inspired by the designers' motto, "Never go too far; just always enough!" and with an emphasis on intricate pat- terns, rich translucent hues and a signature purple stripe design. Style 902212 is a bow-tie shape featuring Italian crystal acetate. A dramatic and bold cat-eye shape for sun style 906102 offers a so line metal brow that appears as a shadow through the custom translucent plastic material and continues through into a gently swooped temple. e look is fin- ished off with a flash lens coating. VCPN had the opportunity to interview the designers about their foray into eyewear and why their brand is so unique in today's fashion landscape. MICHELE SILVER: Explain the DNA of the Brendel by Talbot Runhof brand. JOHNNY TALBOT & ADRIAN RUNHOF: A balancing act of function ver- sus fashion. SILVER: What are your professional backgrounds and the unique qual- ities you bring to your designs? TALBOT & RUNOFF: We have very unusual curricula vitae, business management and engineering re- spectively, that have given us our refreshing approach to fashion. Everything we've learned over the past 30 years, we've learned through our close personal rela- tionships with our customers. SILVER: How were you able to trans- late the design elements of the ready-to-wear line into eyewear? TALBOT & RUNOFF: Our last col- lection was filled with a variety of overlapping of textures, colors and varying degrees of trans- parency, which proved to be the perfect set of tools for developing our eyewear. SILVER: Who is the core customer of the eyewear collection? TALBOT & RUNOFF: As with the Tal- bot Runhof main collection, the eyewear collection is for a woman who isn't keen on wearing what everyone else is wearing. e mar- ket is so completely oversaturated 34 February 2017 THE IRRESISTIBLE CHARM OF BRENDEL BY TALBOT RUNHOF Eye we a r & Fa s h i o n I n t e r v i e w

Articles in this issue

Links on this page

Archives of this issue

view archives of Vision Care Product News - FEB 2017